They are the founding laws of the Torah and also form part of Christianity and Islam.
Its safe to say that their appeal is universal and that is why they have stood the test of time.
They really dont need repitition but for the sake of completeness, they are reproduced below together with a Documentary on the story of Moses and the Exodus during which they were handed down by God to the Israelites according to the Torah and Old Testament.
- You shall have no other Gods but me.
- You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
- You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
- You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
- Respect your father and mother.
- You must not commit murder.
- You must not commit adultery.
- You must not steal.
- You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
- You must not be envious of your neighbour’s goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.